eDiscovery Leaders Live: Jason Velasco
- [02:19] Jason’s background and his journey in the eDiscovery space.
- [05:20] What inspired Jason to start his first eDiscovery company, RenewData.
- [06:45] The move in-house: lessons learned and valuable experiences.
- [08:58] Learning to take the long view.
- [10:28] The dangerous fallacy of the Easy Button.
- [12:00] The on-going relevance of Tom O’Connor’s Agnes Challenge.
- [13:21] The march to the cloud, especially M365, and what it means for eDiscovery.
- [17:07] Jason’s newest gig, Kindato.
- [23:40] Education: M365, podcast, and more.
Key Quotes by Jason
• “Life is a long journey of apprenticeship. You are always learning from interesting people.”
• “As a consultant, you’re brought in as a change agent, you’re there to fix a problem…. When you’re in-house, its, ‘Ok, what is the strategy that we’re actually going to put in place….’”\
• “There is no right tool for everything. As many people as would love to have that easy button approach – this solution will solve everything – it doesn’t because it really depends on what the use case is, what the client is.”
• With M365 “we’ve got this very dynamic data set and where does it get stored, how does it get managed, where do the chats get stored, and I think that has a lot of downstream implications for regulated industries….”
Connect with Jason