eDiscovery Leaders Live: Duane Lites of Jackson Walker LLP
Duane Lites, Director, Litigation Support at Jackson Walker LLP, joins George Socha, Senior Vice President of Brand Awareness at Reveal-Brainspace, for ACEDS #eDiscoveryLeadersLive at this year's ILTACON conference in Las Vegas.
Duane has over 30 years of litigation support experience and has spent 20 of those years directing and managing litigation support departments in several large law firms. Aside from Jackson Walker, these firms include Thompson & Knight and Locke Purnell Rain Harrell.
Duane serves on the Editorial Board of Litigation Support Today, a magazine founded specifically to serve this vital and expanding area of contemporary law practice.
Listen in as Duane reflects on the spark of inspiration that led to his and Boyd Savage’s groundbreaking creation of an open, global Listserv. He then gives his thoughts on the direction of the eDiscovery world in the near future as well as the collection of features he believes would make up the ideal eDiscovery platform.
- [04:38] Duane talks about how he and Boyd Savage came up with the idea for their groundbreaking Listserv.
- [08:30] Duane reflects on the changes he has seen during more than 30 years in eDiscovery and lit support.
- [10:11] Duane describes his ideal eDiscovery platform.
- [13:30] Duane discusses his top 3 eDiscovery priorities for the next six months.
Powerful Quotes by Duane Lites
- It took a long time for the PC revolution to really make sense because PCs were basically just a single way to access stuff. It didn’t have to grow beyond that to where it could be server-based and people could access it.
- Now everything is electronic, for the most part. Everybody thinks that that has simplified things but in a lot of ways it has complicated things because there are so many sources of data now and none of them are in the right format.