eDiscovery Leaders Live: Doug Kaminski of Cobra Legal Solutions
Doug Kaminski, Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) at Cobra Legal Solutions, joins George Socha, Senior Vice President of Brand Awareness at Reveal-Brainspace, for ACEDS #eDiscoveryLeadersLive at this year's ILTACON conference in Las Vegas
Doug is Managing Director of Cobra’s dedicated technology arm, CobrATX, as well as a member of EDRM’s Global Advisory Council.
Previously, Doug led the sales departments in a number of eDiscovery companies such as Relativity, Consilio, Actiance, Clearwell Systems, Oce Business Services, Anacomp, CT, Fios, and Corporation Service Company.
Listen in as Doug explains his top three eDiscovery priorities for the next six months as well as the collection of features he believes would make up the ideal eDiscovery platform.
- [02:48] Doug explains the newfound value of fractional project management.
- [07:03] Doug discusses how he has been helping resolve the challenge of having to navigate so many ways to collect data.
- [09:47] Doug speaks about creating a better suite of services as client needs change and evolve.
- [12:06] Doug describes his ideal eDiscovery platform.
Powerful Quotes by Doug Kaminski
- The days of just “butts in seats” and hiring of FTEs as you need them, usually when it reaches critical mass—[law firms are] looking at things a little differently now. That’s one of the benefits of COVID: Can we do things remotely? Can we do it fractionally with an ALSP, with somebody else that has this expertise, and hire as needed?
- How do we guide clients better, keeping in mind that it’s not just a data issue? And maybe it’s not just a people issue. Sometimes it is just the way you look at that thorny problem and find new ways to resolve it.
- I don’t like the word “disruption” because, honestly, it’s about “alignment”. There has been a disconnect [between law firms and clients] for a while.
- Stop looking at this as a document and data problem and start looking at it more as a content issue. How do we better classify and better understand data?