eDiscovery Leaders Live: David Cohen of Reed Smith
An attorney with 30 years of commercial litigation experience, David chair’s the firm’s Records & E-Discovery Group. In addition, he is Chair of the Project Trustees for EDRM and on the Advisory Board for the Georgetown University Law Center, Advanced eDiscovery Institute.
David talks about Reed Smith’s E-Discovery App, launched in 2020. Available for iOS and Android devices, the app is a compendium of eDiscovery resources that easily fits in your pocket.
- [02:16] Reed Smith’s E-Discovery App: what it is and why firm created it.
- [04:10] Dave Delivers an app show-and-tell.
- [05:57] Why they chose to focus on an app.
- [06:49] Ways to use the app.
- [07:29] Keeping the app current.
- [09:10] Not just a Reed Smith product.
- [10:20] Coming Attractions
- [14:28] Downloading the app: David displays the QR code.
- [15:08] Not other apps out there like: discussing the app's content and features.
- [21:15] Want something added to the app?
- [21:59] What to expect moving forward.
Key Quotes by David Cohen
- We thought, hey we can put this into an app and make it available and that’s what we did and so the E-Discovery App was created. And once we went to that effort we thought, why not just make this available to the whole eDiscovery community.
- I should note that there is in fact a web version, so you can get all that same content at https://e-discoveryapp.com/.
- We thought it would be really useful to have it as an app as well because it makes it so convenient. You’re walking around and you have all this information in your pocket.