eDiscovery Leaders Live: Damien Riehl of Fastcase
Damien Riehl, Managing Director, Product Workflow at Fastcase, joins George Socha, Senior Vice President of Brand Awareness at Reveal-Brainspace, for ACEDS #eDiscoveryLeadersLive at this year's ILTACON conference in Las Vegas.
Damien is a technology lawyer who has advised clients on tech, litigated tech issues, remediated cybersecurity issues, and developed software. Damien has also designed and developed software, implementing cutting-edge technologies such as AI and machine learning to improve the practice of law.
Aside from his work in the legal tech space, Damien is the Co-Founder of All the Music and is a member of the Minnesota Governor’s Council on Connected and Automated Vehicles.
Listen in as Damien describes the line between fact and law and how they are different from one another while at the same time need to come together. He speaks on Fastcase’s current work in “mapping the legal genome” to streamline the process of merging fact and law.
- [03:08] Damien explains the different legal disciplines that focus on either the law or collecting facts and data and how they come together.
- [08:00] Damien shares potentially more effective methods to merge fact and law.
- [10:02] Duance discusses how a structure like this can inform what your jury instructions ought to look like.
- [11:03] Damien describes the value that could come out of “mapping the legal genome”.
- [14:42] Damien reflects on whether the law will ever be finalized.
Powerful Quotes by Damien Riehl
- You have to be able to have the facts to be able to satisfy the elements of the law. The facts and the law are inextricable.
- We’re building the DNA; we’re mapping the legal genome.