eDiscovery Leaders Live: Chip Delany of Lineal
Chip Delany, Strategy Director at Lineal, joins George Socha, Senior Vice President of Brand Awareness at Reveal-Brainspace, for ACEDS #eDiscoveryLeadersLive at this year's ILTACON conference in Las Vegas.
Before joining Lineal in August 2020, Chip was a Strategy Associate for NexLP and, before that, Director of his own business analysis firm Delany Advisory.
Alongside his work with Lineal, Chip is the Chicago Chapter President of the ACEDS and a Board Member of The AI Association.
Listen in as Chip defines effective sales as being able to teach your client why your product is important for their business. He then gives his thoughts on the direction of the eDiscovery world in the near future as well as the collection of features he believes would make up the ideal eDiscovery platform.
- [04:16] Chip explains why he likens his role at Lineal to being a teacher.
- [05:54] Chip discusses his top 3 eDiscovery priorities for the next six months.
- [09:36] Chip describes his ideal eDiscovery platform.
- [14:14] With new faces gracing the Board of Directors of ACEDS’ Chicago chapter, Chip gives an update of the chapter’s upcoming event.
Powerful Quotes by Chip Delany
- If you’re doing your job properly in sales, you’ve got to be offering education when a new product comes along. You’re not just saying, “This product is amazing,” or “We’re doing this new thing.” You’re telling the full story of why this is important for someone’s business in the long term.
- Being able to sit down with people inside firms is the biggest thing that I’m hoping comes back because, ultimately, that gets us all back on track to the status quo.
- The ultimate [eDiscovery] platform is something which is an organism of intelligence inside a corporation: You don’t have data silos.
- Data is a capital asset.