eDiscovery Leaders Live: Bruno Massard of ICTS Protiviti
With over 15 years in governance, risk, and compliance, Bruno currently lead’s Protiviti Brazil’s Investigation and Internal Audit practice. Bruno also is President of the ACFE Chapter Brazil, and coordinates the Compliance MBA at IBMEC, one of the most prestigious universities in Brazil. Bruno hold both CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner) and CCEP-I (Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional – International).
In this eDiscovery Leaders Live episode, Bruno discusses the eDiscovery, investigation, and compliance markets in Brazil and why he chose Reveal and its AI as his primary investigative and discovery platform.
- [2:18] Bruno’s background and his role at ICTS Protiviti.
- [4:33] The massive scope of eDiscovery investigations in Brazil.
- [8:17] The benefits of using Brainspace in large investigations.
- [10:11] The eDiscovery and compliance markets in Brazil and the growing role of AI as an investigative and analytical tool.
- [13:00] Why now is the right moment to introduce AI for investigations.
- [16:10] The big eDiscovery challenge he faces today.
- [17:40] The AI capabilities that appeal to him the most.
- [21:00] How his team were able to review documents up to 6 times faster.
- [22:35] Connecting to the technology to stay 2-3 years ahead of the market.
- [23:41] Using AI to search for relationships and patterns of behavior you can’t find with traditional approaches.
- [25:20] Changing the Brazilian eDiscovery market.
- [25:54] The larger Latin American eDiscovery market.
- “We had probably the biggest investigation in the world…. They had about 2,000 employees that was under investigation because it was a billion dollars schemes, so it was a very big one.”
- “[They used Brainspace] because there was like 700 custodians. This is almost impossible to analyze the documents one by one. The artificial intelligence of Brainspace was making difference in that case…. Brainspace made the difference because we could identify keywords and the recommendation of search terms that probably couldn’t come from our minds….”
- “[With Reveal’s artificial intelligence], we could do a much cheaper and faster investigation to deliver results to the clients. … To give one idea, [with the legacy] platform that we were using, my team reviewed 25 docs in 15 minutes. In Brainspace, my team reviewed 159 docs in the same 15 minutes.”
Connect with Bruno